mercredi 7 février 2018

Have you ever heard the saying that if you want to know what you will look like when you are older just look at your mother or your father? Now depending on how they look you may cringe at the thought or revel in it.
Who dictates that you have to accept that you are gaining weight or that your memory diminishes as you age? I don't think so!

When I was twenty I met a woman who was in her early 80's. She was vibrant and loved her life. I asked her how she stayed so young. She told me that she was very curious and adored learning new things. She was taking classes at a college near my home. I don't recall what she was studying. It amazed me that she was going to school! Also, she said she stretched in the morning and walked instead of taking the bus. I never forgot her. She looked fabulous.
Maintaining a curious mind-set and learning new things helps your mind stay active. Walking or doing some form of exercise keeps your body and muscles limber and protects against injury. But, how do you get healthier with age and stop gaining extra pounds each year? Is there a way to eat that reduces weight, protects against muscle depletion as well as energizes?
The book that details this way of eating is Eat Your Way to Rapid Weight Loss and a Longer Life by Triggering The Metabolic Powers of the Sirt Food Diet by Aidan Goggins and Glen Matten. I have taken notes of some of the foods that they suggest to include in your diet.
· Red wine (moderation is the key 5-ounce drink per day for women and up to two 5-ounce drinks per day for men)
· Chocolate (dark 85%)
· Coffee (black)
· Strawberries
· Walnuts
· Arugula
· Buckwheat
· Capers
· Celery (including its leaves)
· Chilies (as a general rule, the hotter the chili the better, but stick with what your tastes prefer)
· Cocoa (avoid cocoa with the Dutch process)
· Extra virgin olive oil
· Garlic
· Green Tea (especially Matcha)
· Parsley
· Red endive
· Red onions
· Soy
· Turmeric
· Walnuts
· Kale
· Medjool Dates¹
This book discusses a way of eating that encompasses two phases. It is very doable and does not entail counting calories. The authors reinforce what they teach with scientific studies.
I am astounded at how good I feel. I am sleeping better and losing weight. I wish that you may have the opportunity to feel the same way.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Blog Archive